Technical Product Manager
RemoteUnited States, California, San FranciscoEngineering
The modern world is filled with data. This data flows inside organizations between departments, customer interactions, product usage, external resources, and beyond. Can we use that historical data to predict the future? In the majority of cases we can, but that data needs to be prepared first. This preparation step is called labeling. It's a process of real people giving meaning to the information they see on the screen.
Heartex was founded to take data labeling to the next level. Our first step was to release an open-source product called Label Studio, it's sole purpose is to help people working with data, usually data scientists, in their day-to-day activities preparing for data's prime time - when it's used in the process of training an algorithm. The result of this process is a machine learning model that, if built well, is of high value because of its predictive power.
20000 Data Scientists use Label Studio to get functional and accurate ML models. Our next step in this revolution is Label Studio Enterprise. Label Studio Enterprise is being used by some of the most innovative companies in the world. With the growth of our user base, our customers need a product manager who will advocate on their behalf. In this role, you will work with Data Scientists building models for some of the most well-known products on the market, as well as with the open-source community. You will have a tremendous impact on the product direction and help define the future roadmap based on the customer requests and longer-term vision.
Please read this:
- Drive the definition of the Heartex product portfolio, its goals, and strategy
- Build product roadmap focusing on Enterprise customers and open-source users
- Become a go-to person to talk to about the backlog prioritization
- Help bring different functions like sales, marketing, and engineering to the common ground
- Develop a data-driven approach to product decision making
Experience You Bring
- 5+ years of AI/ML software engineering, or technical product management experience
- Experience delivering tech products from inception through delivery to post launch
- You have experience using both quantitative data (e.g., product metrics) and qualitative data (e.g., user interviews) to inform product prioritization
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
- Experience with open-source freemium communities and can leverage their help in making decisions
- Experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- BSCS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience